Crop Over 2012
The socaholic party season is upon us
Really looking forward Crop Over this year. Seeing as my own summer holiday has been delayed till September I will be partying on the road with the rest of the revellers come Grand Kadooment.
Growing up in Manchester, I didn’t listen to much soca music, but since moving to Barbados it has grown on me. And let’s face it, now the crop is over you can’t really avoid it. Those of you that know me personally will also know I’m found of the odd party or two. In fact, I’ve hosted many at Cassareep. If I had to pick a few events for visiting Crop Over tourists to check out I would go with the following:
- Baje parties — always well organised
- Bliss — these guys only do a handful of parties every year – get tickets early!
- Brewster’s Road — madness until the early hours
- Soca Titans — catch up on the classics
- Soca on de Hill — Farley Hill is a natural stadium shaded by trees
- Pic-o-de-Crop Finals — always loved the name of this one
30th June, 2012 – 6th August, 2012
The official start date for Crop Over was June 30th, running until the 6th of August. If you want the full calendar check out this link.
Of course, if you do need some downtime to relax and re-charge after long days and nights partying come and check us out at Limegrove. Our shady deck next the water fountain is the perfect place to relax.
Have a fun and safe Crop Over people. See you on the Spring Garden highway.