Food & Beverage Server
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining at the restaurant. Food and Beverage Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have some basic cooking knowledge.
- Prepares the tables, laying out napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Staying updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items…etc.
- Handle the table bookings, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting dishes, assisting in drink selection, informing customers about food preparation details, communicating specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Prepare mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Presenting bills, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed.
- Assisting with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Previous serving experience
- Excellent Oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required
- Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Frequent walking and standing
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift plates, trays etc.
- Generally in a covered setting
- Varying schedules to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates