The role of a line cook is to prepare culinary delights for our guests and owners. Guest satisfaction in our restaurant revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience. The line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in all areas of the kitchen.
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef or Manager at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Constant standing with some walking
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift kitchen items
- Generally in an indoor setting
- Varying schedules to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates